I’ve collated some of the best scores of 2015. I haven’t listened to them in full (and there are some scores I’m sure I’ve missed) but these are some of strongest in my opinion. A few of them have a good chance of being in the run for an Oscar nomination. I’ve included some that I just liked as well. As we get nearer to the awards season, I’ll give my favourites as well as my predictions for Best Score. Anyway, have a listen to some of these:
- Brooklyn – Michael Brook.
- Carol – Carter Burwell.
- The Danish Girl – Alexandre Desplat.
- Everest – Dario Marianelli.
- Far From The Madding Crowd – Craig Armstrong.
- Inside Out – Michael Giacchino.
- Jupiter Ascending – Michael Giacchino.
- Macbeth – Jed Kurzel. *
- The Martian – Harry Gregson-Williams.
- The Revenant – Ryuichi Sakamoto.
- Spectre – Thomas Newman.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – John Williams.
- Steve Jobs – Daniel Pemberton.
- Suffragette – Alexandre Desplat.
- Tale of Tales – Alexandre Desplat.